Why Are Regular Dental Visits Important And What Are The Advantage Of Visiting A Dentist Near You?
1. WHY ARE REGULAR DENTAL VISITS IMPORTANT?
Regular dental visits are important because they help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Regular dental visit should be made at least every 6 months.
What happens at your visit?
There are 2 parts to a regular dental visit. One part is the check-up. The other is the cleaning.
Healthy teeth and gums
Your dental professional will check for cavities and to see if there is plaque or tartar on your teeth. Plaque is a clear, sticky layer of bacteria. If it is not removed, it can harden and become tartar. You cannot remove tartar with brushing and flossing. If plaque and tartar build up on your teeth, they can cause oral diseases.
Plaque and tarter build up
Next, your gums will be checked. This will be done with a special tool to measure the spaces between your teeth and gums. With healthy gums, the spaces are shallow. When people have gum disease, the spaces may become deeper.
The check-up should also include your tongue, throat, face, head, and neck. This is to look for any signs of trouble, swelling, or cancer.
Brushing and flossing help clean the plaque from your teeth, but you can’t remove tartar at home. During the cleaning, your dental professional will use special tools to remove tartar. This is called scaling.
Scaling removes plaque and tarter
After your teeth are scaled, they may be polished. In most cases, a gritty paste is used for this. It helps to remove any surface stains on your teeth.
The final step is flossing. Your dental professional will use floss to make sure the areas between your teeth are clean.
What you should do between visits
Be sure to take care of your teeth and gums between regular dental visits. Plaque is always forming on your teeth, but you can get rid of it by brushing and flossing regularly. Here are some tips for good oral care at home.
Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Be sure to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
Floss at least once a day.
Use a mouth rinse to help to get rid of plaque bacteria. This will also help to freshen breath.
2. What Are The Advantages Of Visiting A Dentist Near You?
1. Save time and money – A dentist near you means it is a shorter distance to travel. It takes a lesser time to travel to your dental clinic at Ang Mo Kio. The transportation cost will be lower.
2. Convenient – It gives you convenience as it could be within walking distance to the dentist. You can go to the dentist leisurely, without having to rush with time and the peak hour crowd.
3. Friendlier – Usually neighbourhood dentist are easy going and more friendly. It enhances more communications on the progress andprocedure of the dental treatment. The relationship between the dentist and patient becomes a less businesslike manner
4. Emergency – In case of dental emergency, it is very convenient for you to go AMK dental to seek dental treatment
5. Easy access – The dental clinic at Ang Mo Kio is conveniently placed and located in the neighbourhood for easy access
6. Could be cheaper – The rental of the AMK dental clinic is usually cheaper in HDB, so it can pass on the savings back to patients
7. Facilitate more regular visits – Being near you, it provides motivation for you to go for regular dental visits.
8. Usually can make appointment on same day – Usually they accept same day appointment if there is an urgent need to go to the dental clinic at Ang Mo Kio.
9. Can make ad hoc visit – You can also make ad hoc visit if and when there is a need to visit the dental clinic at Ang Mo Kio (AMK).